Oral hygiene appointments are vital for your oral and general health. During your appointment, which will typically last 45 minutes, the hygienist will give your teeth a Professional deep clean to remove calculus, plaque and stains. Gum disease is the most common disease in the human body. Initial symptoms include bad breath and painful, swollen or bleeding gums. With treatment it can be controlled, but if left untreated it can eventually lead to tooth loss. Professional Oral hygiene cleanings are a vital part of successful prevention and treatment of gum disease and play an important role in supporting your home care routine.
During your appointment the hygienist will:
- Check your medical/dental history and ask you about any problems or concerns you have.
- Discuss your oral health; this could include the treatment and prevention of gum (periodontal) disease, receding gums or tooth wear.
- Offer oral hygiene advice, including tuition in tooth brushing/flossing technique.
- Check the appearance of your gums, to look for any plaque, bleeding, inflammation or gum disease.
- Remove hard deposits (calculus) by scaling your teeth.
- Clean between your teeth with interdental brushes
- Polish your teeth to remove soft plaque and stains
- Apply Fluoride to prevent cavities and strengthens your enamel
Oral Hygiene appointments are recommended at least every 6 months. Our hygienist will discuss with you how often you should book an appointment.
Contact us Today
We would love to hear from you so please fill out the form below, include as much information as possible, and we will get back to you soonest.
Please contact us to make a booking
Please note that we do not provide formal online treatment cost estimates, but our policy is to declare all costs prior to any confirmed appointment.
J-Bay Dental Studio
1 Flame Crescent
Jeffreys Bay, 6330
T: +27 (42) 293 1244